Posted: May 30th, 2023
June 27, 2023
YMAC is a hosting native title forum in Carnarvon on 27 June.
Free to attend, it is open to Traditional Owners and PBC staff from YMAC’s representative regions and will focus on grassroots native title issues, along with your rights and responsibilities.
The forum will provide an opportunity to discuss and learn more about the native title system and its related processes, including the different roles and functions of YMAC, Prescribed Bodies Corporate (PBCs), and the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations (ORIC). Other topics likely to be covered will focus on non-claim specific matters, recent sector developments, and related work YMAC is currently undertaking.
What to expect:
- Discussion on grassroots native title issues.
- Opportunity to raise questions about native title and how it works and learn more about the roles and responsibilities of the different organisations involved.
- The role and responsibilities of PBCs.
- Discussion on what happens after native title determinations, and where you can go for help.
- Information on the different YMAC teams and how they are involved in native title.
- An update from YMAC on recent and upcoming priorities and projects.
To register your interest to attend the event, please do so via the following link:
Tuesday, 27 June
Gwoonwardu Mia, Carnarvon
If you have issues registering or any other questions, please call 1800 270 709 or email email@example.com.
Please note: YMAC is unable to pay travel allowance for this event. Morning tea and lunch will be provided.