YMAC takes a holistic approach focusing on country, culture and corporate development. We understand that each project is unique and, because of this, so is our approach.
Our service areas include:
• Cultural heritage services management and advice
• Land management plans, ranger programs, Indigenous Protected Areas (IPA) and traditional ecological knowledge
• Cultural heritage management planning
• Geographic information systems (GIS) and database development
• Return of cultural research materials and archival assistance
• Culturally appropriate community consultation and engagement
• Meeting facilitation and event management
• Arts, film and storytelling projects
• Genealogical mapping, oral history collection and language revitalisation
• Agreement-making, compliance and implementations
• Support and expertise in creating corporate structures, joint management agreements and co-management reserves
• Business development and strategic planning
• Grant support services, proposals and management
• Skill audits and staff training for stronger employment pathways
• Cultural awareness business support, assistance with educational packages
• Corporate brand development
• Website development, newsletters, brochures
• Media management, stakeholder engagement and communications
• Submissions, research and policy development
• Company secretarial services and executive office support
• Corporate establishment services, rule books, constitutions and Board support
• Corporate governance support
• Financial reporting, governance and legislature compliance
Country is our mother, the provider and keeper of cultural belongings. Country and Culture go together. You can’t have one without the other.
Yamatji Marlpa Aboriginal Corporation respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners and custodians throughout Western Australia, and on whose Country we work. We acknowledge and respect their deep connection to their lands and waterways.
We honour and pay respect to Elders, and to their ancestors who survived and cared for Country.
Our offices are located on Whadjuk Country, Southern Yamatji Country, Yinggarda Country, Kariyarra Country, and Yawuru Country. We recognise the continuing culture, traditions, stories and living cultures on these lands and commit to building a brighter future together.
Disclaimer: Caution: Please be advised that this website may contain images, voices and names of deceased people.
This will close in 15 seconds