Posted: January 30th, 2024
The Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations (ORIC) are offering sessions for their online governance training, designed to cover key legal duties for directors.
The training is designed for experienced and un-experienced directors, covering the ins and outs of governance, and explaining your legal obligations as a board member.
The training will cover:
- What it means to be a board member?
- The legal role of directors as decision makers.
- The difference between governance and management.
- How your organisation’s legal structure and status affects your decision making?
- Why your rulebook and your organisation’s purpose are important?
- What your four key duties are as a director?
- What you are liable for and where you can turn if things go wrong?
- Other resources available to help in your governance role.
The interactive session will cover case studies and facilitate discussions for you to apply your new knowledge to practical scenarios.
The online training is happening on Thursday 1 February 2024 from 2:30pm – 5:30pm West Australian time.
To register to attend the training, click here.