Posted: September 14th, 2022
The Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations (ORIC) is offering a free online training course on the key legal duties of directors on 23 September.
From 12.30pm to 3.30pm AEST (10.30am-1.30pm AWST), it’s an opportunity to learn more about governance, including what it means to be a board member, what you can be liable for and where to turn if things go wrong.
Topics covered include:
- The legal roles of directors as decision makers.
- Differences between governance and management.
- Legal structures and the status of your organisation.
- The Importance of rules and legal purpose or objectives.
- Four key legal duties of directors.
- Potential liabilities, protecting yourself and your organisation.
- Other relevant laws.
- Additional resources to help with governance roles.
To register and find out more, visit the ORIC website.