Application Closing Date: July 30, 2021
About the Role:
YMAC is currently seeking two full time (75 hours per fortnight) Anthropologists to join the team in our Perth office on a fixed 12-month contract (with the possibility of extension). Supporting the Senior Anthropologist and the Research Manager, you will have the ability to conduct efficient and effective anthropological research and produce accurate anthropological materials in a variety of contexts.
This role is based in Perth, but will require travel to regional centres and remote communities.
You will be able to demonstrate experience as an Anthropologist in the native title sector, with a focus on Western Australia, and regular travel to remote areas is either something you have experience in or you have a willingness to do so.
Qualifications & Experience
- Two (2) years’ experience working as an Anthropologist. Experience in Native Title, or a closely related field, will be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualification in Anthropology (with Honours) required.
- A current Australian manual driver’s licence required, 4WD and First Aid Certification desirable.
- Prior experience in writing reports (preferably in a native title context).
- Prior experience working directly with Aboriginal people in a culturally appropriate manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Proven capacity to work autonomously, determine priorities, and deal with competing demands within limited time frames
- The ability to exercise sound judgement, initiative, and an innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure in an often challenging environment
- Personal drive, integrity and excellent communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills, including report writing.
- Theory and practice of anthropology of native title and Aboriginal Australia.
- Native Title and Aboriginal Heritage legislation.
- Occupational Health & Safety legislation and requirements.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, which has a generous range of benefits including: salary sacrifice; flexible working arrangements; and, but not limited to, an extra week’s paid leave over Christmas shutdown, please submit your CV and cover letter via Seek.
View other Current Vacancies